- Montessori National Diploma in Early Childhood Diploma (Montessori Centre South Africa),
- National Certificate (N4) in Educare (Department of Education) and a
- National Certificate in Early Childhood Development (UNISA).
- National Diploma: Early Childhood Development, ETDP.SETA, NQF Level:5 through (Montessori Centre South Africa)
- National Diploma: Grade R Teaching, Edutel Higher Education, 2nd year student.
Hettie Van Blommestein
Principal and Teacher
Hettie virtually grew up in the school since she was the first learner when the school was founded on the 1st of June 1988.
Hettie has been teaching at Zonkie Montessori pre-school for many years. She believes in the Montessori Method and sees her work as a calling and a privilege rather than simply a vocation. “You’ll be amazed at how much one can learn from children, if you take the time to listen to them.”
Hettie is a compassionate and dedicated teacher.
Hettie’s hands on experience with her and her husband’s five children serves her well in understanding the challenges that children and parents face in society today.
the wonderful team of childhood education .
early childhood educators.
are fully qualified, very experienced and extremely dedicated to their roles – many have been with us since 2010.
We truly value continuity of care and know how important consistency is in a young child’s life. We employee regular permanent float educators which enables us to refrain from using “casual” or “agency” educators. This means that your child will always know and be familiar with every educator in the service!